BRAVO Television fans have come to know and love Whitney Sudler-Smith’s mother, the divine Pat Altschul, duing five successful seasons of Southern Charm. Mrs. Altschul oozes all things that make southern ladies a special breed. Here are ten examples of why she is a splendid example of the southern lady.
- She speaks her mind with confidence, resolve, and wit.
- She hosts the most luscious parties.
- She believes in the institution of marriage and is not afraid to share her views with her younger cast mates.
- She has raised a son who has impecable taste and manners.
- She’s an animal lover and activist (and her dog and cat caftans are gorgeous).
- She’s an eternal optimist. “Eat, Drink and Re-Marry” is one of her mantras.
- She remained friends with her son’s father post divoce.
- She shares her wisdom and advice without being aggressive or stuffy.
- She’s a master of etiquette and keeps traditional decorum alive.
- Her magnificient home is a graceful nod to the south’s past, present and future.
Thank you Miss Pat for the entertainment and education.